When being the Master of Ceremonies and IT Support merge. I always liked event planning, so this was a lot of fun. It was a client's 60th birthday, and they hired me to set up a party, send invitations (I made a webpage and sent the link out), and monitor the event.
Here's a short list of what I did.
- Multiple backups of portable power banks and mobile hotspots in case weather knocked out power.
- Power strip installed to prevent blowouts of laptop and Alexa.
- Tested lighting, distance, camera location in 3 different locations.
- Considered location of Wi-Fi extender and ISP router to decide which AP to use.
- Password protected Zoom meeting.
- Letting people into the room from waiting rooms.
- Adjusting the views.
- Sent out a self-made video educating how to log onto the Zoom meeting.
- Had a notification ready incase of inclement weather:
"Hi there! Thanks for joining us today. If we disconnect, you may be kicked out of the room. Please give us a few minutes to fire up our backups, and sign on again through the link sent to you in your e-mail - The same way you joined us here."
- Continually telling people that there is no need to shout.
- Reminding people to turn on cameras.