Thank you for wanting to help with my job search! Here are some parameters.
Part time remote, text based support. It's a little far fetched, but the positions do exist.
I enjoy having the flexibility to take on temporary projects from time to time!
Also; If anything sounds weird, out there, or unusual - Feel free to e-mail me. Doesn't have to be tech related. I just have to possibly find it interesting, fun, and with the possibility to get up and stretch when I want to.
Feel free to suggest something full time (still remote) that can fit within the below criteria;
- Find me on Jumpstart and CareerVillage.
- Network Tech
- IT Support
- Technical Consulting
I'm not super interested in hardcore Cybersecurity.
Remote is ideal, however, it's all a case-by-case basis.
- Temporary (7 days or less) jobs are fine, otherwise, I am not interested in living or working in Panama City, FL or the surrounding areas.
- Destin is okay.
- East Coast preferred.
- Deep South is a no. Central/South FL is okay
I do not have a Security Clearance.
- Preferably under 1000 people worldwide.
- Multimedia conglomerates are the exception. I like what they do, so I'll join no matter the larger size.
- If you need some short term work for a startup, I'm fine with that.
- Otherwise, start-ups are hit or miss.
- I prefer to listen to others rather than talk myself.
- Pro-Purposeful meetings.
- People should have outside interests beyond work.
- Not interested in a suit and tie culture.
- A dedication (or growing dedication) to diversity and inclusion is a must.
I like processes, even if they have to be broken or bent. A creative, free-form conversation about implementing something new is fine. "We're just starting, we'll make up HR as we go." is not.
If you give me a general task to do and the freedom to do so, I'm fine.
- E-mails over phone calls. It's easier to go back and reference the information.
- I'll get on the phone, just temper your expectations for the first 5 minutes.
- I give you the information you need to do your job, and I'll explain the finer points if need be.
With this blog, I like to think I'm pretty good at explaining!
Am I smiling over the phone? Not likely. Am I listening closely? Yes.
I work better with people who accept that I may have a few questions, and don't try to brush me off.
As most of my career has been working solitary, I don't have that corporate America, endless meeting experience, and I am not interested in it.
- Ed Tech - Tech that helps students learn, understand, or take their first steps into college or the working world.
- New and Changing Industries - I like being in that sweet spot, of "not in diapers, but not old enough to think remote work is the devil".
- Marketing / Advertising - It's a field that constantly entertains me with its creative evolution. Look how excited I was about this!
Not the US Government/DoD or Amazon. Amazon subsidiaries are a case by case basis.
Most of my work has been solo or in very small groups; I don't have the typical 'office' experience. I don't know if I want it. I don't fancy getting dressed up every day to go into work.
It takes some time to get into the swing of things. I don't mind growing with new projects in an established company after a time. If I'm interested, I'll be asking a lot of questions to truly make sure this is right.
Aspects of my past jobs include A) being nearly alone or working with only one other person. I've enjoyed that because I can solve the problem how I see fit, and ask for help when I need to.
How to Describe Me To Your Hiring Manager:
A candidate with 6 years of IT Support for Level 1 and Level 2, focusing on Mac OS and Windows machines.
A candidate with a Microsoft Azure certification, making and maintaining small companies in Azure.
A candidate with 4 years in working with Cisco networks and self-education through blog posts on runtcpip.com, I think this is a fit because of [object #1], [object #2], [object #3].